Friday 13 May 2011

Big in Bangalore!

It's been a great week for another side of my writing. Although I have concentrated on poetry recently, I also write sketches, sketches and comedy murder msyteries. Some of these are available through Lazy Bee Scripts http://www.lazybeescripts.co.uk/ I occasionally find out that scripts have been bought to be performed and as a result, some of my sxcripts have been performed all over the world, generally in schools or by amateur companies.

This week however, when I checked I was amused by the juxtaposition of two script sales. One was to a school in Surrey and the other was to a professional theatre company in Bangalore. I was slightly bemused by the second as you can imagine. "Human Relations" is based in a restaurant where a couple are having dinner. She thinks it's their one year anniversary but he works in HR so treats it like an annual review and hilarity hopefully ensues! The feedback from Bangalore has been really positive as the IT industry employs so many people and the companies are western to the HR processes are familiar to them. My script was one of five short plays put together to make a themed evening featuring skewed relationships under the title "Together in the City". The good news is Tortilla Theatre Company hope to repeat the show across India.

The other bit of good news is that one of my one act plays is being staged as the first production of a new professional theatre company at the Buxton Fringe Festival. The poster has just been produced and it is here below for your pleasure! If you're planning to go to Buxton in July, please go see it!

Keep writin' and recitin'

Mark x








http://www.bachelorsdegree.org/2011/05/11/40-inspiring-blogs-for-the-aspiring-playwright/

No comments:

Post a Comment