Saturday 9 April 2011

Busy, busy

I'm just sneaking in before midnight as a result of a very busy day which included doing a Improvised Comedy show tonight.I should be more in control tomorrow.

Destination

“A ticket to anywhere”,
said the man at the front of the queue.
The ticket clerk
looked up in brittle bemusement.
No training role play had
covered this situation.
“Sorry sir”?
“A ticket to any town of your choice,
don’t tell me where,
just tell me which platform”.
The queue quivered with curiosity.
After a second’s hesitation
“The customer’s always right”
instinct kicked in
and she selected his destiny.

As he walked away
a tsunami of psychic respect
followed him
as we wished we could be as brave.
I made my mind up
if I got the same clerk
I would say “same as him please”
I have a fifty/fifty chance
and don’t know which
fifty I’m rooting for.

1 comment:

  1. Tee hee. Have just been watching Channel 4 Dispatches 'Train Journeys From Hell' tonight so very apt!

    ReplyDelete