Tuesday 19 April 2011

NaPoWriMo 19/30

Day 19 and still keeping pace :))  Well done if you are too. The Easter weekend will present challenges as I will be away for part of it and having come so far, I do want to stay the course.

Mark


Night Talk

The moon and I talked last night.

I could tell by the way
it politely hovered
and listened but didn’t listen
to our conversation.
I dropped you off and drove home.
Still the moon kept polite counsel
as I stole quizzical glances.


I turned the key to kill
lights and ignition,
listening to pinks and tinks
of the cooling engine
knowing it was etiquette
for the moon to speak first.
It was worth the waiting.

I wish I could tell you
all the moon said
but I am sworn to secrecy.
I am at liberty to say this:
in our lifetime we only have
three chances
to speak with the moon.
Remember to look up
on cloudless nights,
dress warm and
be prepared for truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment