Sunday 3 April 2011

Weekends are easy, the real challenge starts tomorrow.

3/30 of the NaPoWriMo Challenge.  Ok, it's going to get tough now because of the Day Job! They do insist in me working 8.30 to 5 in exchnage for my salary. So apologies if I end up posting towards the end of the day. I don't know if I should try and stock pile ideas if I get them or be prepared to raid my notebooks. Is this against the spirit of the challenge? I'd like to think that I can write something each day freshly minted and captured but we'll see. Here is today's poem.

Mark

I woke up this morning


My radio shares news
in many hues
of one colour:

“Wage war to stop war”.
“Kill to halt the killing”.
“Bomb to prevent bombing”.
“Casualties are the price of freedom”.

I lose count
of the casualties reported
in the time it takes
to make toast.

A myriad faces and voices
defend choices
saying “fight fire with fire”

A philosophy
no sensible fire-fighting service
has ever adopted.

No comments:

Post a Comment